The Whole Child’s Housing Program is actively recruiting for a SPA7 Matcher
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Under direction of the Housing Program Directors, and in integral partnership with the Regional Coordinator and other members of the Housing Program, SPA 7 Matcher facilitates the effective and efficient matching of permanent housing resources through the program to all populations in SPA 7.
- Facilitate the matching in SPA 7 of resources to all populations in the SPA, using identified strategies for equitable allocation.
- Work collaboratively with SPA 7 Coordinators/Specialist to match resources.
- Clearly communicate information on permanent supportive housing opportunities including eligibility criteria information for housing resources.
- Work with DMH, DHS, housing authorities, and permanent supportive housing providers to provide oversight of permanent housing matches/referrals and attached supportive services.
- Provide capacity building and technical assistance to SPA 7 Coordinators/Specialist to facilitate successful SPA 7 matching.
- Facilitate housing process discussions to improve system effectiveness and plans to execute solutions to housing barriers.
- Facilitate regular formal and informal feedback on SPA 7 matching process. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
- Organize meetings among service providers and stakeholders to facilitate SPA-wide matching processes.
- Assist in program design and adaptation of services models; adapt fidelity models for services to meet the unique needs of homeless individuals and families in the SPA.
- Support for all elements of the Coordinated Entry System, as directed by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of homeless populations, systems and programs, including federal policy and program guidelines for homelessness in SPA 7.
- Knowledge of complex, public systems of care for homeless populations, including mainstream resources.
- Knowledge of relevant research on homelessness and evidence based practices for homeless systems and interventions.
- Knowledge of the housing resources, subsidies, and requirements. Knowledge of ADA a plus.
- Experience with systems change including policy development and implementation.
- Ability to establish effective relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity and geographic location.
- Ability to effectively facilitate productive discussion among diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and apply them to solve complex social problems.
- Ability to articulate and strategically pursue new ideas to improve homeless systems.
- Ability to think critically and pay attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills. Ability to communicate and present clearly and simply.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize deliverable. Responsive to deadlines. Ability to adapt rapidly in response to changing information or needs.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Sets a high standard for personal and team performance with a focus on results.
- The successful candidate will be collaborative and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Bachelors’ degree in fields related to Policy, Public Administration, Business, or Social Welfare.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a program coordinator or related professional experience where skill sets developed include managing multiple projects, setting and maintaining work plans and timelines, working with multiple stakeholders and setting and reaching project goals non-profit, government, or private sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, HMIS and other computer systems.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.