At The Whole Child we pride ourselves on the compassion and care we provide every child and family that receives our services. We adhere to the highest standards of dedication and experience when employing individuals to join our team. Our staff members are multi-disciplinary, bi-lingual, and culturally diverse and provide a high level of professional service, emphasizing the protection, emotional healing, and well-being of children.
“I love working at The Whole Child. The experience of working with children and their families on their journey is very fulfilling.”
-Denise Gardner-Lugo, Case Manager, 15 years with TWC
The Whole Child’s mission is to help families raise emotionally and physically healthy children and have a place to call home. Through our mental health, housing, parent enrichment and nutrition services we carry out our mission each day.
As an established 60-year old agency, The Whole Child serves over 12,500 children and their families annually at eleven locations. We focus on low to extremely low-income families in high-risk communities throughout Los Angeles County. We use our influence and resources to advocate for social inclusion and equity for all children and families in southern California.
We offer competitive benefits
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPL plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision plan
- Supplemental Insurance options of Life, AD&D, and Pet insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K 100% match up to 4%
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases with seniority
- 12 Paid Holidays annually
- Office closure last two weeks of the year
- Opportunities to participate in professional development, training and conferences
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
We’re looking for you if…
- You are passionate about the well-being of children
- You are a self-starter looking for a career challenge
- You want to work with a collaborative team of professionals
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a “get-it-done” attitude
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.
To apply, contact: Denise Clavesilla, Senior Human Resources Manager at The Whole Child via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (562) 270-9713.