TITLE: Weekend Support Staff
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience related to providing Housing Navigation or rehabilitative services in a mental health setting.
- Valid California driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, a huge plus,
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Weekend Support Staff is to assist families in achieving safe housing and access medical, educational, social, prevocational, rehabilitative, employment or other needed community services for eligible clients and families who have become homeless. In addition, the Senior Housing Navigator is to oversee Housing Navigation team and provide individual/group supervision Targeted population includes children (Birth to age 18) and their families who are at risk of becoming homeless or are currently homeless utilizing a Housing First, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed and Low-Barrier approach.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments with families and assists them in obtaining needed resources such as health insurance, housing, and low-cost child care through referral and linkage.
- Completes and submits progress notes in a 24-hour timeframe utilizing the agency’s electronic health record system (HMIS).
- Provides guidance and assistance to parents/caretakers on managing child’s behaviors successfully.
- Provides guidance and assistance to parents/caretakers on managing familial stressors effectively and successfully.
- Assists family with identifying internal and external resources to assist with multiple stressors as it relates to homelessness, domestic violence, substance abuse issues, etc.
- Develops and provide client rehabilitation services which assist in improving, maintaining, or restoring daily functioning at home, school, and community in accordance with treatment goals and in collaboration with treatment team (i.e., therapist, psychiatrist).
- Provides interagency and intra-agency consultation, communication, coordination and referrals.
- Identifies and communicates to therapist obstacles preventing families from connecting with program and/or referral services.
- Employment services (resume writing, job searching tips, etc.)
- Attends community meetings as requested by Housing Manager to present on housing services, referral process and eligibility criteria.
- Represents the agency at community resource fairs.
- Follows up with families to ensure successful placement and housing permanency for six months.
- Provides services in the community including home and school settings.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager and/or Supervisor.