TITLE: Office Assistant
- Some experience with computer scheduling systems
- General office skills, able to operate a multi-line telephone system
- Ability to deal with clients in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to adapt easily to new assignments and changing departments
- Ability to identify potential difficult situations and suggest/implement solutions
- Ability to follow written and oral directions and request assistance when needed
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal training
- Able to operate photocopier, fax machine and POS machine
- Able to take direction and provide information or concerns to supervisor
- Pleasant demeanor to all individuals with whom they come in contact
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal ongoing training
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The purpose of the Office Assistant in particular is to assist the Office Supervisor with what she deems necessary. In general, the assistant will be asked to help maintain the facility and provide backup for the receptionists when needed.
- Help with facilities maintenance
- Interact with vendors and maintenance companies when facilities problem arises
- Calls vendor to schedule maintaining the building (fumigators, Ontario Refrigeration)
- Float in different departments when the need arises
- Collect and analyze data for YOQs
- Provide backup coverage for front desk receptionists; answer phones calls, assist in the initial intake process of new clients
- Assist with scheduling clients and reminder calls for client appointments
- Unload and stock storage area with material from various donors
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager and/or Supervisor.