The Whole Child is actively recruiting for a Housing Program – Domestic Violence Coordinator.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Domestic Violence Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the connections between domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking service providers and CES service providers, including crisis and permanent housing providers to ensure that those clients are able to utilize CES housing resources to quickly return to stable and permanent housing.
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Provide strategic coordination and ongoing training on regulations and best practices to regional agencies.
- Create and maintain an ongoing relationship with administrative and program staff at participating agencies.
- Regular engagement with other SPA-based DV Coordinators and LAHSA’s DV Coordinator.
- Coordinate and participate in case conferencing of clients experiencing domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking being referred to and from the Coordinated Entry System (CES).
- Local travel required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking programs and the Los Angeles Coordinated Entry System and homeless services, including but not limited to knowledge of best practices and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Knowledge of case management and case conferencing.
- Strong facilitation and mediation skills.
- Spanish is a must
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree desirable.
- 40-hour Domestic Violence Training, a plus
- Strong knowledge of evidence based practices utilized in homeless services for domestic violence survivors.
- Has 40-hour domestic violence counselor training certificate.
- Capacity to put theory into practice and support implementation at the program level.
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, systems and local programs that impact homeless persons and related public funding sources, regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity, and geographic location.
- Ability to effectively facilitate productive discussion among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and apply them to solve complex social problems.
- Ability to articulate and strategically pursue new ideas to improve domestic violence and homeless systems.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently.
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
What we offer:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee