TITLE: Communications & Community Engagement Manager
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build an entire communications plan for the Agency that showcases our thought leadership.
You will be creating social media campaigns, revising collateral, community outreach campaign, employee engagement campaigns telling out story.
This would be an excellent career move if you have excellent writing skills, are creative and have a love and passion for making a difference in the population we serve.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Care about our mission
- Are a creative writer and like social media
- Are a self-starter
- Can multitask
- Are a team player
- Have knowledge of IDesign, is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, write, and execute all forms of programmatic communication, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with Agency’s identity, and brand messaging.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional departments and communication teams and effectively manages and coordinates the activity of multi-functional teams. Collaborates with the team to come up with strong creative concepts that promote programs as needed to ensure priorities area aligned with the Agency.
- Research, conceptualize, and produce with the team to create a branding style guide.
- Conduct interviews with participants of the programs at the Agency to gather testimonials and success stories.
- Provide support to all departments within the Agency to ensure that all material reflects cohesive and consistent brand “voice”
- Collaborates with leadership to determine target audience along with messaging and tone.
- Assist leadership, and other managers on the team to develop and organize content
- Translates complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy. This includes independently researching topics to facilitate content development
- Proofreads and edits existing correspondence and or marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling and grammar
- Always create an environment that is: collaborative, dependable, insightful, innovative, memorable, innovative, passionate, agile, driven, diverse, analytical and intentional
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Minimum of 3 year’s progressive experience in communications with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable. Any combination of relevant training, education and work experience may be assessed to determine the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification. Public speaking experience is also a requirement. A valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance (as required by the State of California) is required. EOE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employee may be asked to participate in cross-training programs or pursue additional education or training when it is determined to be in the best interest of the company by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
This class specification is only intended to identify the classification and to illustrate the duties, responsibilities, and requirements for it. It is not intended, nor should it be interpreted to describe each and every duty employees assigned may be required to perform.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in normal office setting. Noise level is moderate with occasional loud outbursts. Frequently travels and works out in the community through use of motor vehicle.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery, (i.e., calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
Constantly converses with staff. Occasionally needs to transport boxes and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs. Frequently operates motor vehicle for business purposes.
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.