The Whole Child is actively recruiting for an Office Assistant.
The Part Time Position of 32 hours per week and is located at a school campus in East Los Angeles and comes with pro-rated benefits package.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The purpose of the Office Assistant is to assist the Birth to Five Supervisor and Program Director with what is deemed necessary. In general, the office assistant will be asked to maintain the Home Visiting site and provide clerical support to Home Visiting staff.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Office Assistant’s responsibility is, in main part, to assist in the smooth operation of the Home Visiting Program. The primary location for this position is the Home Visiting site at Joseph Gascon Elementary School.
- Assist staff in submitting required documentation according to funder and agency expectations
- Assist with outreach events as requested by Birth to Five Program Director
- Assist with scheduling clients and making reminder calls for client appointments and group connections
- Collect and track various outcome measures used in the Home Visiting Program
- Create and mail monthly parent socialization flyers
- Maintain all databases, charts, and sign-in sheets in preparation for audits
- Manage data collection and client charts for the Home Visiting program
- Prepare tracking reports of clients served as required by funding source
- Provide clerical support for the Home Visiting Program; accept new client referrals, prepare client charts and engagement materials according to program requirements
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to adapt easily to new assignments and changing duties with poise
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal with clients in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal training
- Ability to follow written and oral directions and request assistance when needed
- Ability to identify potential difficult situations and suggest/implement solutions
- Ability to maintain an organized work space and pay attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to take direction and provide information or concerns to supervisor
- Experience with computer scheduling systems and Microsoft Office Software
- General office skills; able to operate photocopier and multiline telephone system
- Pleasant demeanor with all individuals with whom contact is made
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING
High school diploma. At least two years working in an office environment in a clerical capacity preferably experience in more than one type of office environment. Bi-lingual Spanish-speaking required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.