STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The Intake Therapist performs a variety of professional job duties. This position requires excellent customer service skills plus exceptional skills in planning, organizing and coordinating the delivery of patient care.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Intake Therapist:
- Performs evaluations and assessments to determine medical necessity;
- Completes a comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment, highlighting areas of strength & impairment in various life domains
- Engages the client/family in identifying the areas of highest concern/risk factors and empowers the client/family to create an individualized service plan;
- Engages the client/family in completing a safety plan/no-harm contract when warranted, and is proactive in mitigating risk factors;
- Provides education on diagnosis, treatment modalities, phases of treatment and other areas as needed;
- Consults with new clinicians when cases are transferred to ensure understanding of underlying issues, areas of concern, safety plans, and other intricacies of a case;
- Serves as the point of contact for the client & family until the case is fully transferred;
- Provides crisis intervention and safety monitoring, when warranted, until the case is fully transferred;
- Carries a small caseload of ongoing clients, as needed. Helps these clients/families to develop or maintain the skills needed to achieve their individualized goals on the service plan, including individual, family, and/or group interventions;
- Meets agency productivity standards for client service hours;
- Completes and submits clinical documentation in a 24-hour time frame utilizing the agency’s electronic health record system;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Bilingual English/Spanish a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as WORD and EXCEL.
- Strong organizational and excellent customer service skills are critical.
- Must get along well with others and be a team player.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Demonstrate initiative and strive to continually improve internal processes.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Must be flexible with work schedule based on needs of the agency.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Masters’ Degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other related human service major. Must have a minimum of 2 years of work related experience in a human service agency.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.