The Whole Child is actively recruiting a Marketing & Communications Manager
About The Whole Child
The Whole Child envisions a society that embraces children as its most precious resource and that is actively committed to their safety, emotional well-being and ability to thrive at home, school and play. Through our mental health, housing, nutrition and parent enrichment programs we empower families to create nurturing environments that give children of all ages the skills, support and security to live fulfilling lives.
Our Mental Health practice helps children experiencing emotional distress and/or trauma develop coping mechanisms and resilience as they are guided through a healing process. Services include: individual, family and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, psychological testing, medication assessment and management, and case management.
Our Housing practice helps families who are homeless, or at the brink of homelessness, chart a path out of their current situation into permanent affordable housing. Services included: access to community-based housing to prevent or immediately end homelessness, job training and placement, money management, access to child care, life skills training, and mentoring.
Our Parent Enrichment practice helps primary care givers develop nurturing parenting styles that promote positive connection with their children to reduce the risk of abuse and/or neglect. Services include: home visitation for new parents (attachment, lactation, infant massage, etc.), parenting groups, and linkages to other community-based services.
Our Nutrition practice helps families develop healthy life styles through balance eating and physical activity. The initiative is intended to reduce the prevalence of obesity in vulnerable populations. Services include: Nutrition classes for parents and children, redesign of the school lunch experience, and events to increase nutrition awareness.
As an established 60-year old agency, The Whole Child serves over 9,000 children and their families annually at six locations. We focus on low-income families in high-risk communities throughout Southeastern Los Angeles County. We use our influence and resources to advocate for social inclusion and equity for all children and families in southern California.
About the role:
In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to build an entire communications plan for the Agency that showcases our thought leadership. You will be creating social media campaigns, revising collateral, community outreach campaign, employee engagement campaigns telling out story. This would be an excellent career move if you have excellent writing skills, are creative and have a love and passion for making a difference in the population we serve.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Care about our mission
- Are a creative writer and like social media
- Are a self-starter
- Can multitask
- Are a team player
- Have knowledge of IDesign, is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, write, and execute all forms of programmatic communication, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with Agency’s identity, and brand messaging.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional departments and communication teams and effectively manages and coordinates the activity of multi-functional teams. Collaborates with the team to come up with strong creative concepts that promote programs as needed to ensure priorities area aligned with the Agency.
- Research, conceptualize, and produce with the team to create a branding style guide.
- Conduct interviews with participants of the programs at the Agency to gather testimonials and success stories.
- Provide support to all departments within the Agency to ensure that all material reflects cohesive and consistent brand “voice”
- Collaborates with leadership to determine target audience along with messaging and tone.
- Assist leadership, and other managers on the team to develop and organize content
- Translates complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy. This includes independently researching topics to facilitate content development
- Proofreads and edits existing correspondence and or marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling and grammar
- Always create an environment that is: collaborative, dependable, insightful, innovative, memorable, innovative, passionate, agile, driven, diverse, analytical and intentional
What we offer:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee