The Whole Child is actively recruiting for a Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator will be part of a team doing some of the most innovative branding and strategy in the nonprofit world. We are working to achieve our goal to dramatically increase the awareness of the impact the work of our agency does to improve the lives of our clients. This position reports to the Communications & Community Engagement Manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This role is responsible for proofing, designing, writing and executing branded content to both internal and external audiences. In addition, this person will assist me in executing our greater Community Outreach strategy. The ideal candidate will have minimum two years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or related field. They will demonstrate a positive and resourceful approach to problem-solving, bring fresh ideas to the table, ability to manage complexity with deadlines, ability to maintain confidentiality, and excited about expanding our impact through communications.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF…
- Passionate about our mission and ready to go above and beyond to get things done
- Believe everything is ‘figure-outable’
- A social media guru who has demonstrated advanced skills and experience managing various social media campaigns, content creation and engagement strategy
- Highly organized multitasker with a project management mindset
- Have strong attention to detail
- A self-motivated team member with need for minimal supervision
- Have solid written and oral communication skills plus excellent phone manner
- Are a quick learner with proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and some knowledge WordPress, Canva and other marketing communications tools
- Support in content planning, development and execution of social media posts, e-newsletters, agency and program collateral, campaigns, communications
- Instill best practices, follow brand standards and maintain consistency (logo, content, images, etc.) across all channels of Communications
- Brings fresh and innovative ideas to tell our story and reach our Communications objectives
- Manages distribution lists for various communications, including annual report, e-newsletters, etc.
- Administers event and social media calendar
- Maintains department reporting on social media, Google analytics and campaign metrics
- Assists with website updates
- Maintain awareness of marketing trends, best practices, and technologies
- Work with third party vendors on estimates and execution of various projects
- Ensure all marketing collateral is organized and easily accessible
- Manage inventory of branded giveaways and outreach kits
- Represent the agency in community outreach efforts
- Assists with special projects as needed
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or related field.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.